Tuesday, March 2, 2021

From my diaries/ Creamy Leek Soup

Improve your immune system by eating veggies during the Covid-19 pandemic. I love.. love veggies!!! I am a person who eats veggies with love. Even if you‘re not a veggie lover, I suggest you to give this beneficial tasty soup recipe a try. New tastes, new habits, new starts to welcome Spring. Why not?



Cooking veggies is as fun as eating them for me. I'm so glad hubby is a veggie person too :) My son loves some of them but he doesn't like leek. Except this creamy leek soup. It’s cold outside today, a cup of hot creamy soup. That is totally what I crave!
One thing I love about making soup is, you can also use ripe ingredients. Fridge cleaning recipes save the day. Right?




Ingredients

3 cups chopped leeks
1 cup Yukon gold potatoes (peeled, chopped)
1 cup carrot (chopped)
3 cups of veggie broth.
3 cups of water
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup coconut milk (or any plant based milk)
2 garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
1 small chopped onion
2 tbsp olive oil
2  bay leaves
1 tsp thyme 
1/2 tsp dry mint
A touch of turmeric
Salt, pepper 

In a large sauce pan, sauté onion, leek, carrot until softened and add potatoes, garlic, salt pepper. Stir a few minutes and add the bay leaves, veggie stock and water. 
Cook until the potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and remove bay leaves. Stir in the lemon juice and coconut milk. Add turmeric, mint, and more salt for taste if  needed.
Pour the soup into the blender and puree until it's smooth.

Sprinkle black pepper and thyme or chopped parsley on top and serve.

If you like to try more soup recipes,





Nostalgia


16 comments:

  1. yumm this sounds so good!! I gotta add it to my recipes to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bella,
      Give it a try. You will love the taste of this soup. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like soups. And this easy recipe can be one of my collection items. I would really like to make it in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy, tasty and healthy! You should try it.

      Delete
  3. Looks really good and healthy as well, worth trying out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s definitely worth a try. I hope you like it.

      Delete
  4. Ooh this sounds so good, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. looks lovely. I like leek and carrots, I think this soup must be super nice after a long walk during the colder day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can’t agree more! Quick and easy. Besides, it’s fun to make it.

      Delete
  6. The soup looks delicious and healthy. Will try the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice recipe. Looks so satisfying, can't wait to try it, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy cooking! Hope it turns out good. Healthy and happy weekend!

      Delete

I' m loving to read your comments:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin