Sunday, March 21, 2021

From my diaries/ Olive tree, symbol of peace🌳



Established in the 17th century BC, when the discussion of which god will protect Athens comes to the agenda, Zeus gathers the Assembly of Gods.  According to the decision taken, the god or goddess who gave the most valuable gift to the new city will win the competition and become the protector of Athens.  Determined to win the race, Poseidon creates a horse that will be very useful in wars from the sea and brings it to the attention of the assembly.  The horse is truly dazzling, with its ability to run almost as fast as the wind and its powerful appearance.  



The gift of Pallas Athena, goddess of mind, science and art, is an olive branch.  This tree will grow and live for hundreds of years.  A healthy liquid will be obtained from the fruit of the tree that will help prepare delicious meals.  This liquid will heal wounds, shine bright at night, embrace people with its shadow in hot weather, and warm them with its wood.  Athena is the winner of the race. 



 The tree is planted in the Acropolis.  The olive tree, the symbol of peace, has now become the representative of established culture and abundance.




Stay safe .
#QuarantineDays

12 comments:

  1. Olive trees are beautiful, I loved seeing them in the Greek islands. I used to have a mini olive tree that I was trying to grow indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. That is great! Olive trees are a great way to bring the outdoors in. I’ve been living in Cesme, west coast of Turkey for 5 years. Cesme peninsula is covered in olive and pine trees. Oh, also palm trees. Lovely 💕

      Delete
  2. What an amazing informative article! Honestly, I had no idea about Olive tree's history. Thanks for sharing ☺

    Thanks,
    Everything Enchanting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that Anamika. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen and olive tree up close but I love olives and olive oil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too 😊 I love olives and use olive oil for cooking and salads. The peninsula I live in is Cesme, Aegean cost of Turkey and olive trees are everywhere. 🌳

      Delete
  4. Olive trees are so pretty, I didn't know they were a symbol of peace! Its history alone is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t it? That’s why I wanted to share it. Thanks for reading and commenting 🙏

      Delete
  5. Olive trees are so lovely, thank for the great info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to have that. It looks magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s true! I really am. Beautiful around. The olive trees here can be found right on the edge of the Aegean shore. I take a walk every morning in this beauty.

      Delete

I' m loving to read your comments:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin