Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Quick and Easy Sunday Salad

I’m a huge salad and soup lover! If you are new to my blog maybe you haven't noticed yet but even my button is a bowl of soup ;) Do you like mushroom??? Here is the recipe; Cream of Mushroom Soup on yonca is cooking. Whenever I make this soup, my family and friends love it. Hope you like it too!


Sundays usually after a huge breakfast or early lunch, we have an early dinner. I prefer to cook soup and salad especially if we had alcohol drink one night before. Drinking can make it difficult to digest food and absorb vital nutrients.

Mmmm...our bodies need soup and s a l a d !!!

A bowl of warming  soup is the best for comforting a stomack. Also a colorful salad helps filling your bodies with full of vitamins. Powerfull! Vitamin C speeds up the metabolism of the alcohol by the liver. So, your stomach will thank you!!!

Here is a salad idea with red cabbage, rich source of Vitamin C and Vitamin E, is also cholesterol-lowering.

RED CABBAGE / POTATO SALAD

6 potatoes (peeled, cubed after boiled)
3 scallions (sliced)
  a quarter of a small red cabbage(shredded)
  red wine vinegar, olive oil, pepper and salt
 I garnised it with a few olive on top after took the shot.

When making this salad, cutting and tossing the veggies, dressing together, I feel like making an art!
The beauty of purpple makes me feel calm, serene and happy :)
I am curious what your favorite salad is??

Powerful! Delicious! Easy!
Enjoy the colors!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, Yonca! I love soup and salads. Thanks for sharing the tips and the recipe! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a good salad - I'd like to try that! the cabbage looks like a great addition to a salad :)

    thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mushrooms but they scare the crap out of me. My husband is highly allergic and they are hidden in a lot of foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soup and salads. It doesn't matter what time of year it is I love making fresh homemade soup. This soup sounds delicious and I will save it and try it one day this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm, yummy! This salad looks scrumptious!

    I love a soup and salad meal combo. So healthy and satisfying!

    Wishing you a delightful day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not have thought to have potatoes in this salad. What a great idea! This way, it will be filling. I might try this one.

    Usually, I make simple salads with mandarin oranges, apple slices, or strawberries on top of Romaine lettuce. I add nuts, feta, maybe red onion, and dressing.

    Sometimes, spinach, grapes, nuts, and red onion.

    ReplyDelete

I' m loving to read your comments:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin