Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mushrooms!




How incredible they are!



I love mushrooms and knew they were healthy but until I decided to do some search, I didn't realize how much imported they were to our health.
Also I learned that mushrooms were one of the first herbal medicines used to inhibit many condition like tumor.
Mushrooms are great sauce of mineral content.
They can have a positive effect on gall bladders.
In fact, they are an excellent source of iron, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, and zinc.
Also may help to prevent breast cancer. They are high in antioxidants.
Niacin-rich foods like mushrooms increase risk of hearth disease, stroke and osteoartritis.


Healthy, tasty, yummy!
This is my favorite lunch! With a slice of whole wheat bread.



16 oz white mushroom
2 scallions (chopped)
1 handfull parsley(finely chopped)
1/2 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp vinegar
olive oil, sea salt

Put mushrooms in a pan. Add olive oil. Cook until softer.
Add spicey, vinegar, sea salt
Then cook a few more minutes.

It was a great weekend and today I feel a little lazy ;)
My next post will be about Perky Blogger Award.
Have a great evening!

4 comments:

  1. cooking is one passion of mine but sad to say i can't cook. I have tons of recipe collection :). Someday, I will fulfill this passion ^_^. Your recipes are really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I never liked mushrooms - until I met my hubs. He loves them now I have them in my spaghetti and other foods. I didn't realize though how good they were you until I read this post though. That's good to know. Sounds like a great recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, yummy recipe! I'm following you back (from MBC)...I love, love, love mushrooms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love mushrooms! this is something i could really try at home. nice! i love mushrooms with Mechado, a filipino-spanish dish and its tomato base. :) nice with loaf of bread or steaming hot rice. :)

    ReplyDelete

I' m loving to read your comments:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin