And yet, across the world, people continue to fight for democracy...
But at its deepest level, this is humanity's struggle to remain human.
A struggle to protect our conscience, our compassion, and our hope.
And how beautiful it is that, despite the darkness, there are still brave hearts choosing to move forward.
May the days come when we can slow down and rest for a while, understand one another a little more, and move through life without forgetting what it means to be human...
Days when we don't lose our conscience in the crowd, or our inner peace in the silence. 🌿
My mind may be a little overwhelmed, but my heart is still in the same place. 😊
I may be moving at the speed of a turtle, but I'm holding on to my values, my love, and my purpose, while continuing to care for my work and my well-being.
A few moments from these warm summer days...
Still moving forward. 🌿
From my book The 13th Floor (currently being translated into English) — An Excerpt
From the Sky to the Earth!
Perhaps it's a familiar saying to many,
but it was new to me.
Sometimes, seeing people through the lens of kindness, compassion, and goodwill can keep us from recognizing their true intentions.
Ironically, those very qualities can become the reason we're taken advantage of.
The message may be timeless, yet I had never come across this particular saying:
"An enemy is a blind shooter. A friend knows
exactly where to aim."
People said the April 8 solar eclipse would reveal people's true faces.
Perhaps this is exactly what they meant.
Sometimes, the things we've struggled to understand—or even name—for a long time suddenly become crystal clear.
-Turkish-
İnsan Kalmak
Bazen zihnimde dolaşan onca düşüncenin yükünü taşımaktan yoruluyorum. Dünyanın hızına yetişmek kolay değil. Bazen sadece yorucu...
Ve yine de dünyanın dört bir yanında insanlar demokrasi için mücadele etmeye devam ediyor...
Ama en derin anlamıyla, bu, insanlığın insan kalabilme mücadelesidir.
Vicdanımızı, merhametimizi ve umudumuzu koruma mücadelesi...
Ve ne güzel ki, tüm karanlığa rağmen, hâlâ -önde- yürümeyi seçen cesur yürekler var.
Dilerim, biraz yavaşlayıp dinlenebildiğimiz, birbirimizi biraz daha anlayabildiğimiz ve insan olmanın ne anlama geldiğini unutmadan hayatın içinde ilerleyebildiğimiz günler gelir...
Kalabalığın içinde vicdanımızı, sessizliğin içinde ise iç huzurumuzu kaybetmediğimiz günler... 🌿
Aklım karışmış olabilir
Ama kalbim aynı yerde 😊
Kaplumbağa hızıyla ilerliyor olabilirim ama değerlerimi, sevgimi, amacımı koruyor, çalışmalarıma ve hayatımı sağlıklı tutmaya devam ediyorum.
Sıcak yaz günlerinden bazı kareler paylaşıyorum.
Yüreğimiz sıcak kalsın 🌸
Yola devam!
![]() |
| Yonca Nihal Author |



















This really moved me, especially the line about losing our conscience in the crowd or our inner peace in the silence. There is something so honest about admitting your mind is overwhelmed while your heart stays steady in the same place. The quote about a friend knowing exactly where to aim is one I will be sitting with for a while. Wishing you continued strength as you keep moving forward at your own pace.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your thoughtful words. It truly means a lot to know that those lines resonated with you. As writers, we often send our thoughts into the world without knowing where they will land. Knowing they found a place in your heart is a wonderful gift. Wishing you all the very best on your own journey. 🌿
DeleteThe joy on your face tells the whole story. I am very inspired by your observations. I especially was intrigued by ""An enemy is a blind shooter. A friend knows exactly where to aim." Something to think about.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me happy to know you enjoyed the post. That quote certainly leaves us with something to think about. I'm so glad it spoke to you too. 🌿
DeleteI am loving all these photos. You look so happy! Living life can be such an adventure. And I love the excerpt from your book!
ReplyDeleteI'm doing my best to stay happy despite life's challenges, and I'm so glad that comes across in the photos. It makes me happy to know you enjoyed the excerpt from my book, too. The English translation is currently in progress, and I'm looking forward to sharing it soon. 🌿
DeleteI can't believe you have been blogging since 2007. That's almost 20 years. Massive kudos to you.
ReplyDeleteTime really does fly! 😊 It has been an amazing journey, and I'm still enjoying every step of it. I'm grateful to everyone who continues to stop by and read along. 🌿
DeleteYour thoughtful reflections remind us that kindness, compassion, and empathy are what keep our humanity alive. Thank you for encouraging readers to choose hope and connection in everyday life.
ReplyDeleteI'm really happy these thoughts spoke to you. Choosing kindness, compassion, and hope isn't always easy in today's world, but I still believe it's a path worth following. 🌿
DeleteBeautifully written. I really appreciate the reminder that staying true to our values and compassion matters, even when the world feels overwhelming. Wishing you continued strength, peace, and inspiration on your writing journey.
ReplyDeleteThank you 😊 If my words can offer even a small moment of hope or comfort, then they have found their purpose.
DeleteThis really hits home. It's so easy to lose ourselves, either through aging or the fast pace of the world. Even silence can swallow you up!
ReplyDeleteThank you 🙏 Sometimes silence hides us, and sometimes it helps us find ourselves again.🌿
DeleteThis was a beautiful reflection. I especially appreciated the reminder that staying human means holding onto compassion, kindness, and genuine connection even when the world feels busy or overwhelming. It's such a simple message, but one that's easy to forget.
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate your thoughtful reflection.🌸 Sometimes the simplest truths are the easiest to forget.
DeleteRealizing people can be quite selfish is a painful lesson to learn. Drinking hot coffee while reading this definitely hits home.
ReplyDeleteLife teaches us some difficult lessons, but it also reminds us to value the genuine ones. Enjoy your coffee. ☕😊
DeleteI loved reading this! My favorite part, which I have found true in my life is the quote about an enemy is a blind shooter, but a friend knows, right where to hit.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this! My favorite part is the quote, because I have found this, so true in my personal life. It says an enemy is a blind shooter, but a friend knows right where to hit. ugh, but true!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your thoughtful comment. I'm happy you found meaning in that quote.
DeleteThanks for sharing - a friend knowing exactly where to aim really made me pause and think about staying aware of people's intentions while still keeping compassion.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm glad it gave you something to reflect on.
DeleteIt is incredibly exhausting to carry the weight of so many thoughts while trying to keep up with a world that moves too fast. There's no rush, we should all work at our own pace.
ReplyDeleteSo true. Slowing down isn't falling behind.
DeleteI could relate to the feeling of having an overwhelmed mind while your heart remains in the same place. Sometimes keeping up with everyday life feels exhausting, and choosing kindness through it all takes real courage.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it felt relatable. Wishing you gentle days ahead. 🌿
ReplyDelete