Saturday, May 28, 2022

Herbs & Plants - Gardening Journey


We don’t know what is next. Monkey pox? Even if we try to stay positive and hope for a better future for the world, universe - for all of us, it looks like there is always a threat that can knock on the door anytime.

It was a tough winter. Finally, summer breeze, smells of the trees and colorful flowers surrounds us.

I was having a walk this morning and was amazed with a smell of honeysuckle which was my mom’s favorite. Oh, my sweet mom.. miss you.

Getting into water instead only watching the sea on the shore is also another first of the summer this year.

Yes, summer is here - unbelievably. It seemed like it was never gonna come...lol.

Another new thing is my son is not with us this summer.


Actually that is a huge one for me. Anyways, he is okay and on his path, happily in Chicago. So, even though the empty nest syndrome hits me a bit, I can live with that.

Aria’s favorite 😊



Guys, I’m taking you to my hidden, tiny but peaceful garden.

Let’s relax!






























Pandemic period of Covid-19 made me a gardener😊

Flowers and herbs which I can’t live without.

Maybe much better if I add "herbal" to my blog’s name. Hmmm.. “yonca’s herbal kitchen” sounds good 😊It has been 15 years that I've been sharing with you guys not only recipes, but my own life stages here on this blog. Thanks for being witnesses, reading, commenting, subscribing.. thanks for your follow. If you have been reading this blog for a long time, I appreciate if you drop of a comment. Saying “hi” will put my face a big smile.


How to storage fresh herbs

After washing, leave them in a colander for a while. Place on a paper towel till dry. Put them in a zippered bag, in a jar or in a container with a lid on. They stay fresh for days and are ready to use anytime you want.



Early morning meditation and breathing techniques in this garden while listening to birds singing puts me in a good mood. Feeling excited and hopeful for another new day.

Sometimes I plant a flower for a purpose, I wish it to grow and my wish to come true.



Everyday is a new start.



#food #nature #sunset #life #photo #photography #bloggers #mommybloggers

20 comments:

  1. So cool that you have so many herbs in your garden - must be fun to cook with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I That’s right. Flavor of fresh cut herbs straight from the garden makes cooking more fun and tasty. Waiting them to grow more each day teaches you to be patient, understanding nature. After a while I noticed; gardening has become a part of my life. Noticeable changes started, balance point of environment and my life.I smell plants, listen the nature’s own language. It’s good to be a part of it, instead being against.

      Delete
  2. We have our own herb garden which we take care of daily, we love it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you understand me😊 It’s fun and relaxing.

      Delete
  3. Yes, we also have herb garden. I love to pick fresh basil and some tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. That’s great. Peaceful and relaxing, isn’t it?

      Delete
  4. I am not into gardening but your pictures are so good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 🙏 I wasn’t into gardening either..till last year 😊

      Delete
  5. you give me gardening chills! I do hope to have a garden one day and grow herbs myself. I can only imagine the scent and rich taste of self-grown items

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Hope, your wish comes true very soon. It’s fascinating to see them growing and use your fresh herbs for cooking.

      Delete
  6. That's a cool thing that happened due to being at home so much!! For me it was perfume. I've fallen in love with collecting fragrances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too😊 I tried it ones using honeysuckles as fragrance and argan oil. It was fun.

      Delete
  7. Gardening aint my thing (yet) but i enjoy this post. When i get into gardening Herbs will be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi Sonya. Herb garden is totally worth the effort for fresh ingredients. Also smells and looks good.

      Delete
  8. This is really so good garden. We also have a small.garden with lot of herbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats fresh herbs 😊 My garden is tiny too. Gardening helps keep your thoughts focused, hands busy and gives a sense of responsibility.

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely garden. Looks like you had a good outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That’s right, Actually, the result made me smile. It’s June, 30 something C degrees here and all still look allright. 🙏😊

      Delete

I' m loving to read your comments:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin