Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Why the world goes vegan?

From my diary;


"I was thinking while having my coffee and watching the garden. I ran out of cream so I added some milk. I don't really like milk. Started to use lactose free so far. But honestly, I'm a  yogurt and cheese lover. Anyway, it has been a while, I keep thinking of a vegan diets. Searching reasons & results, our family eating habits, blood test results, earth, real love, responsibilities for the future, the environment.. animals! Oh my...I had a pain.
Walking a dog, petting a cat or sharing their funny videos, feeding, taking care of our pets and then turning around and eating a cow, a chicken, a pig, makes me think of the little lamp Mary had.. Researched,  read, compared, asked, judged myself and the verdict is 'guilty'..Cried.. and started to write this post to share my thoughts and  feelings. 
Milk was just a box on the shopping list we grab from grocery store. Drink more for healthier bones! More..more! More milk, more cows...more pregnant cows to capture their milk since a cow is a mammal, right?
Then what happens after pregnancy, what about babies? Do they have good enough milk from their own moms? And I ended up with another article and another..more questions more searches and read more..and.. faced it.
It is not just a BOX!! Looking from this aspect, from an economical standpoint keeping dairy cows pregnant for earning more money, totally makes sense.
A cow produces the milk for its babies. They deserve breastfeed naturally. If they don't be sold for veal."

I have been a vegetarian for a while and respect vegans and understand their thoughts & feelings. It's a necessity. Found this post in drafts and posting today.
Are you a vegan/vegetarian, or planning to be?
What kind of diet you have?
Turned my face to the greens in the garden. As a veggie lover, I felt lucky that I have a garden. I have flowers, herbs which I can't live without. Purslane, green onion, mint(not to use for a lamb recipe) lettuce..Arugulas got crazy right now. I have so many 😊 love it! I feel relax, feels right.. feels peace ✌️Now, a lamb can be a  square of my life picture, playing happily and safe with her ma' on the grass."
Gotta go.. I have chickpeas boiled earlier and ready to make a delicious salad 😊

We love okra and ate a lot this summer. But this is the first time I made okra pickles. 


I miss my son AriaπŸ’— Can't even wait to visit him.


Stay healthy πŸ’š


#vegeterian #okrapickles #vegandiet #September #purslane #silverberry #rosemarypickles

14 comments:

  1. I am not 100% vegan yet but I am heading this way for sure...I love experimenting with different diets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chad! Everything is for living healthier and leave a better world to our kids. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I eat a lot of vegetarian and it is mostly vegan as I don't do dairy. Almond and coconut milks are my staples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronda! What an amazing , benefitful nut, almond. Isn't it? Earth is rich enough to feed ourselves and stay healthy. Loving it. Almond milk is much higher in calcium and potassium but also higher in sodium compared to coconut milk.

      Delete
  3. What an informative post and to be honest, I have been looking up healthy or even vegan recipes for the family since my kids have low immune systems so I wanna feed them healthy food as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! There is nothing better than a fridge full of dark leafy greens and colorful fruits. Hope your kids enjoy eating greens. There is so many veggie recipes I have shared earlier in this blog, also new recipes will share for sure. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. I think going vegan in important for the world’s resources. And it is truly delicious for me. You shared gret examples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lyosha! Can't agree more. We have responsibilities for future and a better universe.

      Delete
  5. I would love to be 100% vegan for a period of time. A lot of what I eat is vegan but I can't say I am 100% vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this, Chad. We're on the same path.

      Delete
  6. I'm veggie, I was vegan for quite a while and even though I had a really balanced diet but vitamin levels dropped in areas, but I don't have that issue with a veggie diet

    Laura Side Street

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating veggies (which we have so many kinds) instead meat is healthier for sure πŸ’š And a good choice for a better future πŸ™

      Delete
  7. It seems that a cow only has to calf once to be able to produce milk for the rest of her life as long as she is milked daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even so, they're shouldn't be forced to serve us for the rest of their lives instead of being with their children. Isn't that selfish? Thanks for commenting btw! πŸ™

      Delete

I' m loving to read your comments:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin