Monday, October 21, 2019

Homemade Pomegranate Syrup


Have you ever tried to make your own pomegranate syrup at home? No ? It is a very easy process and spending time in the kitchen with this fruit is fun. Only looking at its beautiful color, smell and taste changes your mood. So many of you know its benefits; cancer prevention, alzheimer's disease protection, digestion, anti-inflammatory, arthritis, heart disease. Pomegranate is good for your body, brain, skin and hair as well. 

 

Don’t throw the peels!!  

Even its peel is full of benefits. Let it dry. Soak in hot water and enjoy your pomegranate tea! If you have a hair loss problem, you don’t want to miss out on the benefits of pomegranate peels. Especially, if you are over 50 ladies! Another way to use peel is, grind the sun-dried pomegranate peels and mix with your yogurt and apply on your face. Wash with cold water after 10 minutes.

 



Fresh is better
Pomegranate juice is an important ayurvedic medicine. Research indicates that peels help bone health and stops osteoporosis after menopause. One pomegranate for a hundred diseases.
I’m lucky to have so many pomegranate trees around here. Eat pomegranate, drink its juice, make a tea using its sun dried peels and keep this syrup in fridge to get more benefits of this fruit.

It soothes sore throats, lowers stress and cholesterol levels, and alleviates symptoms in menopausal women. 




Here is the making of pomegranate syrup, a very easy process at home:

Step 1: 
Wash them. Don’t forget, you’ll use the peels for later use.

Step 2: 
Take the seeds out. If you have citrus juicer even it’s easier. Basically, cut them in half  like orange and lemon. If you don’t have a citrus juicer, cut them in quarters then have fun taking the seeds out. Trust me it is a stress reliever. Touch it!! 

Step 3:   
If you have a food processor, pour the seeds into a high-speed processor and pulls until they have been crushed. 
I made using 4 pomegranate only and used my hands for whole process. Crushed, squeezed!! Oh yes I did, and no regrets! ๐Ÿ˜Ž 
Pomegranate juice splatters everywhere. You might prefer to to these beneficial globes apart into different sections and remove the arils in a bowl of water.





Step 4:
Strain the juice.
I used a colander and then a cheesecloth. You have a tasty, natural, fresh pomegranate juice for daily take. Still insist on making syrup? I ask this question to myself every time๐Ÿ˜€
Ok, It is ready to cook. 

Step 5
Bring it a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

 

How long does it take to cook?
After bubbles start to look thicker, it's your preference. If you like a thicker syrup, reduce the heat and keep cooking more. If you over cook, you end up with a stiff molasses  and hard to use from a bottle.
 




How to use this tangy syrup?

Drizzle over roasted veggies, your drinks, desserts, any other dips or relish.  It adds deliciousness and appetizing look to any dish.



 Whisk together with a little olive oil for salads.


Homemade syrup from the scratch. It adds more complex acidity than vinegar and lemon juice. 


 From garden...

                                                                 ..to your tables!!!

Doesn't it make a unique holiday gift idea this year for your family members and close friends?

45 comments:

  1. I do like pomegranates and they are in season at the moment in my country. However, I hate peeling them, every time I do it my kitchen begins to look like a murder scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. That’s right! Try doing it in water, no mess ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  2. Oh yum, I absolutely love pomegranates. I'll have to try this out sometime. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome. Hope, you give it a try! ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  3. I will have to try this out for sure. I've always liked pomegranate and the syrup will be amazing over waffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Waffles, pancakes..I’ve just added to my ice-cream and it was delicious!

      Delete
  4. This sounds gorgeous and it's not that difficult to make at all! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome! That’s right. It is an easy process and so much fun playing with this miracle fruit. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I need to make this. I love all the health benefits it has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give this recipe a try! It is good to know that there is a syrup bottle in the fridge that you made and is full of benefits.

      Delete
  6. What a fun thing to make! I bet this tastes amazing. This would be great on plain ice cream and crepes and so many things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s right! I love it most as a salad dressing.

      Delete
  7. I have never made anything with Pomegranate but this syrup looks delicious. I will have to try making this with my daughter this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it turns out good for you! Enjoy your time in your kitchen with your daughter.๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  8. This sounds delicious! I love pomegranates.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the taste of pomegranate. And it's super healthy for the body. I'll have to give this a try very soon... thanks for the idea/recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely enjoy the look and smell of pomegranates but I was never sure what to do with them and how to know when it is ready to eat. How do you know when it is ripe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good, ripe pomegranate should feel heavy, (means it's very full of juice) and the skin should be firm. Ripe pomegranates should have no trace of green on their skin.

      Delete
  11. Oh wow! I have never thought of making pomegranate syrup! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tastes good too! Delicious adding to so many dishes.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Pomegranate is good for our body and health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome. Pomegranate is a miracle fruit!

      Delete
  13. This looks and sounds ah-mazing! I love pomegranate juice, so I bet this syrup would be so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to know that there is no artificial flavor or any other harmful ingredient in it. This is your own syrup has full of benefits.

      Delete
  14. I am loving this and am going to give this a try for myself. It is so yummy and good for you too :) You make it look so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pomegranites! This is great to try! I think my children will like it too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy cooking! Hope your kids like it too. An easy recipe brings your home wellness.

      Delete
  16. I feel like this would taste so good with pancakes. I am definitely going to have to try making this one weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree ๐Ÿ‘ My son eats his pancakes with this syrup and he loves it.

      Delete
  17. Oh this looks so delicious. Totally need to try making this someday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I haven't seen this before but I will definitely try it out someday. All the steps are very clear, so I think I can manage and get a good result. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think I've tried homemade pomegranate syrup before but that looks quite tasty. One thing I don't like about pomegranate is how messy they are to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That’s right. I think I enjoyed that mess while preparing. Life is short. Enjoy to play with this delicious fruit ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  21. aside from you make a healthy product out of this, it is actually easy. i love it! and the benefits we get..

    cha @ littlemisadvencha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m after healthy and EASY recipes. Life is hard enough ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  22. A really nice post, you should continue this great flow of information sharing.
    www.dealmecoupon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and supporting๐Ÿ™

      Delete
  23. Hi yonca, I have decided to come back to blogging.. I have always enjoyed your posts about cooking. Please stop by my blog/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anne! It is good to see you again and so glad you’re back to blogging. I will visit your blog for sure๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this looks yummy! I'll have to remember to grab pomegranates the next time I go to the store. This will be perfect to try during the quarantine.

    ReplyDelete

I' m loving to read your comments:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin